Friday, August 1, 2008
Try-outs were held the past two weeks. 4 days of conditioning and 4 days of hitting. Tomorrow is the draft. Wish me luck!! This is my first year being old enough to play in the Senior Division and some of the other boys are HUGE but I held my own during practices and hopefully I impressed the coaches.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Two Kinds of People
No; the two kinds of people on earth I mean
Are the people who lift and the people who lean.
Wherever you go you will find the world's masses
Are always divided in just these two classes.
And oddly enough, you will find too, I think
There is ony one lifter to twenty who lean.
In which class are you? Are you easing the load
Of overtaxed lifters who toil down the road?
Or are you a leaner, who lets other bear
Your portion of labor and worry and care?
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Friday, June 13, 2008
Along the Road
I walked a mile with Pleasure.
She chattered all the way,
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.
I walked a mile with Sorrow,
And ne'er a word said she;
But, oh, the things I learned from her
When Sorrow walked with me.
-Robert Browning Hamilton
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Last weekend I went fishing with Grandfather and Grandma. I caught 5 Bass fish. Grandfather surprised me with my own fishing pole and tackle box! We had a blast. Thanks Grandfather and Grandma!! By the way - I caught more fish than Grandfather the Professional. :)
Here's a few pics from the day:
Sunday, May 11, 2008
25 REASONS I OWE MY MOTHER
1. My mother taught me TO APPRECIATE A JOB WELL DONE .
'If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning.'
2. My mother taught me RELIGION .
'You better pray that will come out of the carpet.'
3. My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL .
'If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!'
4. My mother taught me LOGIC .
'Because I said so, that's why.'
5. My mother taught me MORE LOGIC .
'If you fall out of that swing and break your neck, you're not going to the store with me.'
6. My mother taught me FORESIGHT .
'Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you're in an accident.'
7. My mother taught me IRONY.
'Keep crying, and I'll give you something to cry about.'
8. My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS .
'Shut your mouth and eat your supper.'
9. My mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM .
'Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck!'
10. My mother taught me about STAMINA .
'You'll sit there until all that spinach is gone.'
11. My mother taught me about WEATHER .
'This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it.'
12. My mother taught me about HYPOCRISY .
'If I told you once, I've told you a million times. Don't exaggerate!'
13. My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE .
'I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.'
14. My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
'Stop acting like your father!'
15. My mother taught me about ENVY .
'There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don't have wonderful parents like you do.'
16. My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION .
'Just wait until we get home.'
17. My mother taught me about RECEIVING .
'You are going to get it when you get home!'
18. My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE .
'If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to freeze that way.'
19. My mother taught me ESP .
'Put your sweater on; don't you think I know when you are cold?'
20. My mother taught me HUMOR .
'When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me.'
21. My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT .
'If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.'
22. My mother taught me GENETICS.
'You're just like your father.'
23. My mother taught me about my ROOTS .
'Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?'
24. My mother taught me WISDOM .
'When you get to be my age, you'll understand.'
25. And my favorite: My mother taught me about JUSTICE .
'One day you'll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!'
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Ok, I am playing basketball at Barnett Recreation Center and your not going to believe it, I am entered in the three-point shoot-out and am playing in the All-Star game!!!!!! Now, I know God does perform miracles because I didn't think I would get selected for the All-Star team in football or in basketball. My Mom thought there was no way I would make the All-star team this basketball season.
P.S. I hope to be a 'star' like the one below - not the one above. Hee hee hee.
Sunday, February 24, 2008
My Mom tagged me. Here are my answers: (and I must say this was kind of difficult!)
1. What is your name? Kyran
2. 4 letter word: kind
3. Vehicle: Kawasaki
4. City: Kingston
5. Boy Name: Kruz
6. Girl Name: Kori
7. Drink: Kiwi-Strawberry Lemonade
8. Occupation: Kicker (NFL)
9. Something you wear: Khaki's
10. Sport: Karate
11. Food: Kiwi
12. Something found in a bathroom: Kleenex's
13. Reason for Being Late: Kawasaki ran out of gas
14. Cartoon Character: King Bobo (Dora)
15. Something You Shout: KORI STOP IT!!!
16. Animal: Kangaroo
17. Movie: King Kong
18. Body part: kidney, knee
19. Color: Kelley Green
20. Word to describe you: knowledgeable!
Now YOU do it and send me your answers! firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Ok, so everybody knows the Giants won the superbowl and I know everybody was probably thinking why don't you want the Patriots to win? Well, I only wanted the Giants to win because I wanted to make the history of going 19-0 when I'm playing in the NFL instead of the Patriots doing it now! Besides that, I played for the Giants this past season, so did my cousins Daylan and Courtney.
Anyways, here are some pics of the young Giants I was telling you about!